Sounds a bit mean, but I always look forward to when Mish can't have/is not having dinner. Why is that you say? I say: It's because she doesn't eat PRAWNS! When we first moved in and I found out that she doesn't like prawns I was like... WHAT??!! How can you not eat prawns!? They're like so yummmm!!! To which she replied, "hate peeling them and don't like the taste/texture?" The only thing from the 'prawn family' she'd eat is lobster. (Go figure). So I have since been deprived of prawns.. I only get to eat them on special occasions like:Hey Ali & Ange, too bad Cath is a C, or you guys can be AAA.Here's another QED Idea.I just had it for dinner last night.. Yumm
- When we go out for dinner
- When I go back to Mum's for dinner
- When I'm not cooking for Mish, like when we had "Dinner at Flim's"
- On designated, 'Mish not eating dinner' nights.
Ali: I adapted this from one of your favourite cook book: Bill Granger's Bill's Food - Garlic Prawns.
Can't remember exact amounts, but you'll need the following (obviously)
Bill's Original Recipe:
- Prawns - approx 500g (coz I like loads of prawns in my pasta and so does Alv)
- Parsley - approx 1/4 cup, chopped (more if you like)
- Garlic - I used 3, Bill's recipe uses 5 (I tried it with 5 once, I had gastro for 3 days)
- Olive Oil - I use 1/2 cup, Bill's recipe uses 1 cup (and I think Bill used EVOO)
- Chilli - 1 (more if you think Ange can take it hahah)
- Onion - 1, chopped
- Chilli Oil - to taste (I used the Japanese one, taste better)
- Pasta - as much as you want to eat. (I used Linguine here, but I prefer Angel Hair because it's less 'filling' and it cooks faster. Alv doesn't like Angel Hair that much, he said it's not filling enough *rolled eyes*)
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees.
- Clean the prawns and place them in an oven proof dish.
- Boil your water for pasta -- duhhhhh
- Chop up Chilli, Garlic, Onion and Parsley
- Heat up the oil til it's hot hot hot
- Add Chilli and half the amount of chopped Garlic into the pan.
- Add the Chilli oil and just fry the Garlic til it's fragrant.
- Remove from stove and pour over the prawns in the oven proof dish.
- Spread the rest of the Garlic and Parsley on top of the Prawns.
- Season to taste with S&P
- Wrap foil onto the dish and place it in the oven for about 15-20mins.
- While the Prawn cooks in the oven you cook your pasta.
- When the Prawns are done and Pasta's done mix both together and wa lah.. Garlic Prawn pasta.
Ps. No photo of satisfied customer this time. He was too busy watching Friends (yes, THAT Friends) and setting up his microphone for warcraft.