First one in a long while that was baked with love.. (not in haste!)
What is it?
A Lemon and Coconut cake.
A sort of mash up between two favourite Hummingbird Bakery recipes: the Lemon Loaf (majority of ingredients) and Lemon Poppy Seed cake (shape and glaze).
- Ended up making it with coconut milk mixture (200ml coconut milk + 50ml water) for the dairy intolerant one in the family.
- Creaming the butter and sugar first - because my mind could not comprehend not doing so.
- First ever bake using the bundt tin that's been in storage for over a year.
- A crumbly textured cake with a hint coconut flavour.
- A hit with the family; and
- No one got sick.
Happy Birthday Mum! xx
Self pat on the back for I have not lost the touch.. phew.