Pages

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Where is the love?


People killin', people dyin'
Children hurt and you hear them cryin'
Can you practice what you preach
And would you turn the other cheek

Father, Father, Father help us
Send us some guidance from above
'Cause people got me, got me questionin'
Where is the love (Love)

Where is the love (The love)
Where is the love (The love)
Where is the love (The love)
I love the Black Eyed Peas, they're so funky and cool.

Where was the love tonight? Cooked my first meal this week and it was horrible. No love. I thought I was being really organised getting the meat marinated last night for tonight and got all the veges and everything sorted out. Was really looking forward to dinner tonight of Teriyaki Beef with Brocollini and Asparagus and rice (typical Chinaman meal, must have rice). The only thing that turned out good was the veges.

The beef was seared and popped in the oven to cook through. Looked good. Didn't taste so good. Even after pre-marinading it over night in the teriyaki sauce and turned over this morning before I went to work. Must be the bottled stuff, ran out of the ones I made a while ago (they were good) 3 pieces of steak. All tasted different. First piece was a bit gamey, second piece was tasteless and last piece was 'mmmm just nice'. Very goldilock affair. And they were all marinated in the same dish on the same day/night for the same amount of time!

Brocollini and asparagus pan-fried with left over teriyaki sauce + garlic. They turned out good. The rice on the other hand were soggy. :( I think I'm too used to cooking rice with microwaves. I used a rice cooker tonight and it was crap.

Where was the love...?? :(

No comments: